Okay, so I haven’t written a post in a long time because I didn’t know what to write, up until last night when my sisters and I decided to watch Turning Red. It was awful, and I totally don’t recommend it to anyone under the age of ten, even then I don’t think any kids should watch this movie! Here’s why I think no one should watch this movie.
Also, there are some quick announcements at the end of this post so stay tuned or you could just scroll to the bottom…lol…either works. 🙂
Okay, now for the post!
- Well, first off, for a movie made for kids it had some really weird and disgusting things in it that even disturbed me and my older sisters! Such as the main character drawing pictures of her ‘crush’ without a shirt on and continuing to draw more pictures of him and her together (him still not having a shirt on) it was really disgusting!
- Also, it mentions, well the main character is ‘growing up’ and it mentions ‘having women problems’ which leads to her mom (on-screen) giving her pads and embarrassing her at school because of it! Kids should not watch movies with that in them! It was unnecessary and weird like I don’t want to know about that and I’m a teenage girl, it’s just weird.
- Also, one of the boy characters in the movie was a little different, which is fine, but at the end of the movie, he says he loves a band member who is another boy! And for the rest of the movie, the boy hangs out with girls! It didn’t say anything, but to me, it was pretty suggestive. It was just really disturbing!
- The characters were just weird. Like girls were just represented as dumb people who just loved boys and boy bands.
- The point of the story was stupid and just a lie! Like the whole point of the story was ‘we all have a rebellious side to us so we might as well just let it out and be ourselves by rebelling against our parents’ like what? I get be yourself, but rebelling against your parents is the only way you can show who you are? Like, no.
- Here’s what I got out of it. (Spoilers ahead) The main character wants to go to concert parents say no because A) it’s like two hundred dollars a ticket and B) well the main character was turning into a red panda whenever she felt a strong emotion. Main character gets mad at parents and saves up the money to go to the concert with her friends, without telling her parents where she was going, so basically lying. Parents find out there’s a lot that goes on in between and basically mom is mad, the main character yells, “I’m thirteen mom! I like concerts and boys, I’m thirteen get over it!” by the end of the movie parents, “okay, that’s fine, be yourself sweetie” (just paraphrasing here) after she had lied and rebelled against them. Like what?
- And all the stuff I mentioned above the drawings of her crush without a shirt on everything was never corrected in the end. That’s right it was totally fine because that’s who she is. So basically the point of the story was, “we all have a rebellious side so just let it out and lie and rebel against your parents, it’s fine because that’s just who you are” like I’d never do that to my parents. I be myself but I also respect my parents. You can do both, you don’t have to rebel and lie to them to be yourself, like it was just stupid. And the whole movie itself just made me so mad and disgusted like what are people putting in kids heads these days?
I’m gonna wrap this up with a warning. Do not let your kids or younger siblings watch this! It is just no good and disgusting!
If you were offended by this review in any way, I’m sorry but this is just honestly how I feel about this movie.
Okay, now that I have officially ranted, which I hope actually made since…haha…here are the announcements!
First off, we have made some progress in our books so be looking on the Works in Progress page for those updates!
Second, we have started a new book! *glances at all our books on the Works in Progress page ‘don’t look at us like that’ turns back to screen* anyways it’s called Glowing in the Dark! Super excited about this one! So keep an eye out for that one!
Well, that’s a wrap, so yeah, let me know your thoughts on this post in the comments!
Jaidie/ the dragon nerd